Monday 20 February 2012

Winter Skin Saviours

Hello! :)


I don't know about you but I am super excited for these up and coming spring and summer months! There are spring colours everywhere you go - Topshop looks like a 1950's sweet shop and I want everything!
But lets not get ahead of ourselves too quickly. In the lead up to spring we should all be prepping our skin ready to reveal ourselves for the hotter months - and here are a few of my top tips and products I think you would all love..


After all who wants to be wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear in July when you could be wearing the likes of the light Chanel vitalumiere aqua? 


My skin is particually dry at the moment, so after cleansing the face use a facial oil to really target dryness. My go - to product is MAC 'Care blends essential oil' in Grapefruit and Chamomile. At £14.00 this really works a treat, it contains natural ingredients that heal, soothe, regenerate and calm the skin. I really massage this in before applying my moisturiser and it feels very luxurious and makes the skin look more 'expensive'.



I can't strop spritizing my skin with MAC Mineralize charged water. Since it launched earlier last month people have been non stop talking about it. If you have FIX + you will love this. This is a hydrating mist that enhances makeup, I use it after I have applied my Care Blend oil and after all my makeup is applied. This can also be used throughout the day if you feel your makeup is slipping or fading and it re-touches it. I also advise my clients to use it when they are travelling abroad on the plane to add moisture. So what's the difference between this and FIX + ? Well it is definitely dewier, it also contains green tea and citrus scents and is £15.00.




Origins 'Make A Difference skin rejuvenating treatment' is a product I only recently bought but I can honestly say a truley amazing one. At the time of purchase my skin wasn't dry like it is now. For you combination/oily gal's out there - this is great for you.

They make two versions of this. A gel formula and normal cream formula. The cream formula is more suited to people with dry skins and the gel for more combination/oily. A lot of people with oily/combination skin don't realise that their skin can get dehydrated just like someone with dry skin. This can be applied twice daily and helps to 're build' the skin barrier. Origins describe it suitable for 'wrinkled, weathered, potentially leathered skin' After a few weeks of using it my skin feels and looks back on track and I have noticed a dramatic difference of the once red areas disappearing.

I love Origins and their products are always a huge hit with me. They also have a few other products in the 'Make a Difference' range including a night and hand cream. At £32.00 it is a lot more than you average Nivea but for a high end moisturiser it's worth every penny and would recommend if you want a luxury product that does what it says. 



A lip balm is definitely something most people would never spend this amount of money on. It took me a long time to part with my money (many sample pots later) I finally gave in after becoming like a drug addict trying to go 'cold turkey' without it.

£40.00 later and this is true love. Creme De La Mer products are the creme de la creme of the beauty world. Beauty editors rave about them and some of my mums friends have skin's like a movie star. The counters in department stores have pretty fish tanks filled with beautiful tropical fish and yes I would pay £250 for a 30ml cream when I start getting wrinkles. It's probably the fish tank and price thing but I just BELIEVE in these products. When I apply this it lasts all day. It smells divine - peppermint or something minty like that and my bf even loves it! 

So the big question. Why would i buy this over a £1.00 pot of Vaseline ? This is the only product that really gets rid of all my flaky, dry, chapped 'snake' looking bits on my lips that NO amount of Vaseline can repair! It contains all the 'La Mer' important ingredients and prevents further damage. The packaging is gorgeous and I always feel very proud pulling it out of my handbag on the daily tube commute. My advice? Get samples of this before you jump into buying it and you will soon realise why I would justify £40.00 for a lip balm!


Do you have any skin saviours that you use to prepare you for the hotter months? 

Marni xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment