Monday 20 February 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere

When I found out Chanel were replacing this for Pro Lumiere I was gutted....I still am. 
Pro Lumiere was a staple product in my kit. For those of you who didn't try it - you missed out BIG time. My second thought after being gutted was a little excited. The visual looked incredible and beauty bloggers everywhere were hyping it up.


To start with - I haven't bought it. The kind sales associate in Harvey Nichols gave me two sample sachets (which was about a weeks worth for me) Please take note of this as a week isn't that long to be sampling a foundation but I will be as honest and fair as I can.


Pros 
-It smells nice
-The coverage is good
-The shade range is fantastic.
-It has great staying power


Now onto the 'Cons'


FYI my skin is combination/oily and I was given shade B40 (which I am wearing in the photo) I had read previous posts on how you need to REALLY moisturise your skin before applying this. I applied all my lotions and potions and although I really love how it has great coverage it just hated my skin -I almost felt like it was 'rejecting' it. It just didn't sit very well and I felt it didn't blend in. I used three different brushes over the period of the week, changed moisturiser's and used face masks etc but alas still no good. The foundation made my face appear really 'cakey' and I looked incredibly dry - it clung to all the bits I didn't want it to and felt really self conscious when wearing it. What really surprised me was that I LOVE Matte Lumiere which obviously is for the customers who want a matte finish or have oily/combination skin so thought this would be slightly similar. 
I can imagine this would look amazing on someone other than myself with a different skin type - I would even possibly consider trying it again in a few months but for now I'm happy I didn't spend the £36 on it for to just be sat in my make up drawer. 


I would advise anyone wishing to buy this to ask for a sample at your local counter!


Marni xo




1 comment:

  1. I know it's very average! Not like pro lumiere! That was amazing ! hope you have a great pancake day xxxx

    ReplyDelete