Monday 16 January 2012

Prep + Prime love

This product is something I have been religiously using every day for a few months now. It's so good I’m surprised I don't have a shrine of it in my room. It's one of those special pieces of makeup that pops up once in a blue moon and has you hooked from the word go.


Can I get a drum roll please...


MAC Prep+Prime transparent (pressed) finishing powder is what I’m talking about!






It all started on a night out, stumbling to the ladies and seeing in horror how oily I looked- Now my skin is normal/combination so without powder I do look abit like Millie from Made in Chelsea - however beautiful she is whenever I watch her on the show I find myself silently screaming to the television PUT SOME POWDER ON!!! I don't like to look completely matte - this makes you look flat and dull, I like something of the in-between and was struggling to find a compact powder that would banish oil forever!! (Well a day at least)


Then a miracle happened and MAC bought out a pressed version of their Prep+Prime finishing powder. You're probably thinking 'why didn't you just use the loose one?' I do! For whenever I do freelance jobs it's the only powder I will use. But really? Do YOU want to carry round loose powders in your bag and live in fear it will brake open and spill everywhere? No.


Here's what MAC have to say about it. 'A silky, colourless finishing powder suitable for all skin tones. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of lines & imperfections'.


Whenever I get it out of my makeup bag people look in horror and say 'why are you putting white powder on your face??!!!' It's not white when it goes on and is blended correctly but it is perfect as it doesn’t add any unwanted colour to my face, especially if I have applied contour or blush. It doesn't move my makeup or go patchy. It's love!


You can purchase this at www.maccosmetics.co.uk or at any MAC store or concession!


I would definitely recommend you try this if you have oily/combination skin, I stay oil-free all day and sometimes don't even have to touch it up!


Blog soon!


Marni xo

No comments:

Post a Comment