Wednesday 25 January 2012

My top 5 nail polishes

I am always on the look out for new nail polishes - some people are addicted to shoes - i'm addicted to Essie, OPI, Orly, Jessica etc. I love to hear about peoples 'must have' colours or warning me off a certain brand because it chipped within a day. Ooh yes. I am like the nail polish 'watch dog' I dig deep into brands to find out what they claim is actually true. The following 5 colours are ones that i always go back to if I need staying power and beautiful nails.

♥.) I stopped a woman in the street because I saw this colour. It's hard to put my love for 'Fiji' into words but i'll try. Essie describe it on the website as 'an opaque, creamy, pale pink'  Sounds pretty boring eh? WRONG. So wrong. This colour screams summer! Being honest you need pretty perfect nails for this one - square and well manicured. Downside? It is fairly streaky - you need to be very patinet with the colour and you need atleast 3 coats as it needs to be an opaque finish. Second downside is that it can be a nightmare to get hold of it (espcially out in the country where us folks live!) I did try Selfridges, Liberty's, John Lewis AND Harrod's and couldn't get my paws on it. In the end a lovely chemist at the top of Marble Arch called Bliss stocked practically every Essie colour you can find! Worth it? Hell yeah! It lasts on my nails for 7 days with zero chips (and an amazing top coat) You can imagine with a tan it looks so chic. Even typing this I'm craving it!

♥.) OPI 'Lincoln Park After Dark' just reminds me of my mum, nights out, lots of happy memories and of course NYC! You may have heard of this or even own it yourself. If not I demand go and buy it now! This is a really beautiful shade, its elegant, very flattering and easy to apply. OPI have always knocked our socks off with there ever expanding colour range and this is no exception. 'Where midnight meets purple' is how it is described on the OPI Lena White website and you can purchase it there for £10.50.  http://www.lenawhite.co.uk/store/home/lincoln-park-after-dark

♥.) Borjois 'Rose Lounge' was the colour famously sported By Kate Middleton at her wedding in April last year. As millions of people were glued to televions all over the world Borjois famously mentioned that this colour was what our lovely future queen was wearing! I love this as it's nice to think that Kate would be using a high street brand but also because this is my 'go to' polish if i want something really quick drying and natural. It's my 'I'm not wearing nail polish I just have perfect fingers' polish. You can purchase from any Boots or on the website at www.boots.co.uk

♥.) Barry M have been a huge hit with my friends and myself for well over a year now when it comes to nail polish. They do a great range of on trend colours, they are always affordable and boots occasionaly have brilliant offers on them. Sounds pretty too good to be true! The colour I was wearing all autmn was one of their newest shades - 'Black/Red' I had really gone off bright red - I think I have just over done it on the scarlet shade over the years. However this version has a lot of depth to it with some brown aswell. It just speaks 'quirky' to me. It doesn't look like another Barry M colour that half the nation has. In terms of staying power i would say it lasts for 5 days with no chips. After that it's all downhill from there. Definately one to purchase if your'e looking for something a little different and well - for £2.99 you can't go wrong! www.superdrug.co.uk  

♥.) This doesn't really count as a colour but it is absolutely beautiful to look at. China Glaze 'Fairy Dust' is Tazzi's statement polish. Fairy Dust is a clear laquer that has tiny specs of multicoloured glitter - so you can apply this over any colour and it will give a hint of sparkle without 'in your face glitter'. I am always borrowing her's and she gets so many compliment's on her nail polish when she wears it! You can purchase 'Fairy Dust' and lots of other colours in the China Glaze line at your local Sally's or online at www.sallys.co.uk

What are your 'go to' colours? We would both love to know!

Marni xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment