Monday 9 January 2012

The lash effect...

I haven't met one girl who hasn't worn a pair of falsie's. I myself need to go to rehab for the 'lash a day' addiction i have going on. It seems I just don't look as good without them which although is incredibly vain and also a very expensive addiction, i really need to build a bridge and get over it. As a makeup artist I always get asked the correct way to apply them - I also get pestered in bar and nightclub toilets from women whilst drunkenly slurring 'you're lashes are nice luv what ones are they? I can never put them on, they slip and slide around'. I decided enough was enough and it was about time someone taught all these fabulous women the art of applying lashes! I tweeted - @marnikeane a few days ago a step by step guide so now i thought as the blog is 'official' i would do a post here so you can visit back and fourth if you forget !


Some 3 basic rules 1.)- Only use eyelashes from a brand you know well, I know a friend who bought some off Ebay and they were hard and stiff. THE best lashes in the whole wide world are MAC. Personal favourites for a big glam look would be #48's - i practically live in them! #33's, #7's, #43's and #3's are pretty amazing too. Eyelure, Shu Umera, Urban Decay, Laura Mercier and Red Cherry are all great brands too.


Rule 2.) This is where women get confused - you can reuse any eyelashes as long as you didn't contract an eye infection whilst wearing them and they were not made wet. ALWAYS take them off at night after you have used them and put them back in there original packaging.


Rule 3.) The amount of manky lashes I have seen is gross. Look at your lashes after you have used them and think to yourself  'do I want to put these on my eyes?' if they are clumpy, have eyeshadow fallout all over them or anything else that looks dodgy bin 'em! Remember ladies these are your eyes!!


Step 1 - Curl your natural lashes and apply a small amount of mascara - this will help blend them when they have been applied.


Step 2 - If your make up is a dramatic evening look line your eyes with an eyeliner of your choice thinly along lash line.


Step 3 - Carefully remove eyelashes from packaging and run a small amount of DUO glue along the base of the lashes. Fan for 10 seconds to allow the glue to go tacky. (this stops them sliding around)


Step 4 - Look down into a mirror and place them in the centre of the eye as close to the lash line as possible, then stick down the outer corner (try to get them in line with your natural lashes) then stick down the inner corner. When they are secure and you are happy with the position carefully pinch your eyelashes together. #TIP - Use tweezers if your hands are unsteady


Step 5 - Allow the DUO glue to dry clear and apply a second coat of eyeliner over them!


Do you have any tips on how to beat my lash addiction? I would get permanent extensions but I have heard horror stories!


Love,


Marni xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment